What should I eat hours before a workout?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
What should I eat 5 hours before a workout?
- Sandwich on whole-grain bread, lean protein and a side salad.
- Egg omelet and whole-grain toast topped with avocado spread and a cup of fruit.
- Lean protein, brown rice and roasted vegetables.
What should I eat 3 4 hours before a workout? Pre-workout examples — foods suitable for 3-4 hours before exercise: A baked potato with baked beans, cottage cheese, tuna or other topping. Rice with vegetables and lean meat; chicken or fish ideally. Pasta and sauce; pasta bake is ideal but with whole-wheat pasta and low fat sauce.
What should I eat 40 minutes before workout?
- Whole grain toast, peanut or almond butter and banana slices.
- Chicken thighs, rice and steamed vegetables.
- Oatmeal, protein powder and blueberries.
- Scrambled eggs, veggies and avocado.
- Protein smoothie.