What should I eat or drink before my workout?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
What is the best drink before workout?
- 01 of 07. Maple Water.
- 02 of 07. Coffee.
- 03 of 07. Homemade Protein Shake.
- 04 of 07. Ready-to-Drink Protein Drink.
- 05 of 07. Caffeinated Tea With Honey.
- 06 of 07. Green Juice.
- 07 of 07. Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
What should you not eat before a workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
How can I get energy before a workout?
- Eat Two To Three Hours Beforehand.
- Have A Quick Pre-Workout Snack.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate.
- Drink Something Caffeinated.
- Choose A Fun Routine.
- Reschedule Your Workout.
- Take A Power Nap.
- Go Outside.