What should I eat the night before a hard workout? Because glucose is the preferred energy source for most exercise, a pre-exercise meal should include foods that are high in carbs and easy to digest, such as pasta, fruit, bread, energy bars, and energy drinks.
What should I eat the day before an intense workout?
- whole grain toast.
- beef jerky.
How do you prepare for a hard workout the day before?
- Prioritize getting enough good quality sleep.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
- Grab a snack.
- Make sure you’re wearing the right clothes and footwear for the workout you’re doing.
- Work in a dynamic warm-up.
- Stretch it out.
- And use a foam roller.
- Refuel with post-workout nutrition.
Does what you eat the day before a workout matter? To maximize your performance and recovery, it’s important to fuel your body with the right nutrients before a workout. Carbs help maximize your body’s ability to use glycogen to fuel short- and high-intensity exercises, while fat helps fuel your body for longer exercise sessions.