What should you eat before a morning workout?
- whole grain toast.
- beef jerky.
What should you not eat before a morning workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.
What should I eat before and after a workout in the morning?
- Power Up. 1/17.
- Time It Right. 2/17.
- Before: PB&J. 3/17.
- Before: Oatmeal With Low-Fat Milk and Fruit. 4/17.
- Before: Fruit-and-Yogurt Smoothie. 5/17.
- Before: Trail Mix. 6/17.
- Before: Low-Fat Latte and an Apple. 7/17.
- Before: Banana. 8/17.
Should I eat something before the gym in the morning? “Do what’s best for you in terms of how you feel,” Rissetto says. “If you feel fatigued during your workouts and extremely hungry or irritable after, try eating something beforehand instead of going in on an empty stomach. It can help you feel better, perform better, and may give you better results.