Keto-Friendly Workout Meals to Help You Perform at Your Best
Trying to maintain a healthy keto diet while also staying active can be tough. It’s important to fuel your body properly before a workout, but finding the right keto-friendly foods to eat can be a challenge. Here are some quick and easy meals that will give you the energy you need to power through your workout and help you stay on track with your diet.
1. A handful of nuts or a small portion of nut butter. Nuts are a great source of healthy fats and protein, both of which are essential for a successful workout. Just be sure to measure out your portions, as it’s easy to go overboard with this tasty snack.
2. A hard-boiled egg or two. eggs are another great source of protein, and they’re also packed with nutrients like B vitamins and choline that are essential for energy production. Plus, they’re easy to make ahead of time and take on the go.
3. A small portion of grilled chicken or fish. If you’re looking for something heartier, grilled chicken or fish is a great option. Just be sure to keep your portions in check, as too much protein can kick you out of ketosis.
4. A green smoothie. A green smoothie might not sound very filling, but if you pack it with nutrient-rich ingredients like spinach, kale, avocado, and chia seeds, it can be a great pre-workout meal. Plus, it’s an easy way to get in your greens even if you’re short on time.
When you’re trying to stick to a keto diet, it’s important to fuel your body properly before a workout. Otherwise, you won’t have the energy you need to power through your workout and reach your fitness goals. Luckily, there are plenty of keto-friendly foods that make great pre-workout meals. So next time you’re feeling hungry before a workout, reach for one of these options instead of heading for the nearest drive-thru window.
What should you eat before a workout on keto? Grab a keto-friendly protein bar or snack on some low-carb jerky right before working out. This can really help your muscles since protein has amino acids. Some people like to drink a protein shake before working out too. Just make sure you choose one that is keto-friendly.
Should I eat before or after exercise on keto? People who follow the targeted keto diet tend to experience the most success when they eat before and during exercise. First, they feel that the extra glucose helps to fuel glycolytic exercises. Second, when performing vigorous exercises, they burn glucose so quickly that they rapidly return to a ketogenic state.
Can I eat carbs before a workout on keto? There are studies that give carbs prior to resistance and strength training, but have not found increased performance over the long run. However, many SKD keto-ers report strength and endurance improvements during high intensity activities if they consume pre-workout carbs.
What should I eat before a workout Low carb?
- An egg white omelet with spinach and feta cheese.
- A cup of cottage cheese and some low-sugar berries.
- A fruit smoothie with plain Greek yogurt, blueberries, and chocolate Keto whey protein.
- Keto cloud bread with half of a mashed avocado.