What to eat before running and working out?
- Banana and almond butter.
- Turkey and cheese on whole-wheat bread.
- Oatmeal and berries.
- Cheese stick and carrots.
- Toast with 1/4 avocado or one to two tablespoons of nut butter.
Is it best to run on an empty stomach? In general, it’s recommended to eat before running. This gives your body the fuel it needs to exercise safely and efficiently. If you prefer to run on an empty stomach, stick to light to moderate running. Take a break if you start to feel lightheaded.
What foods to avoid before running?
- High-fiber foods. Beans, broccoli, and berries: remember those three B’s as you don’t want to eat them just before a run or a workout.
- Sugary drinks.
- Fried foods.
- Spicy food.
- Protein bars.
What should I eat 2 hours before a run? 2 hours before the run: Oatmeal, granola, avocado toast, a PB &J are all great choices. 1 hour before the run: Something easy to digest like an energy bar should settle well. You could also include 8-12 ounces of a sports drink with electrolytes to make sure you’re properly hydrated.