What’s the best thing to eat or drink before a workout? Some recommendations for a pre-workout mini snack include things like half a banana, a small applesauce cup or a handful of crackers or pretzels. This snack should be low in fat and fiber, so that your body is able to digest it quickly.
What is the best drink before workout?
- 01 of 07. Maple Water.
- 02 of 07. Coffee.
- 03 of 07. Homemade Protein Shake.
- 04 of 07. Ready-to-Drink Protein Drink.
- 05 of 07. Caffeinated Tea With Honey.
- 06 of 07. Green Juice.
- 07 of 07. Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
What can I eat directly before workout?
- A peanut butter and banana or PBJ sandwich.
- Greek yogurt with berries.
- Oatmeal with low-fat milk and fruit.
- Apple and peanut or almond butter.
- Handful of nuts and raisins (two parts raisins: one part nuts)
Is it OK to workout on an empty stomach? Working out on an empty stomach won’t hurt you—and it may actually help, depending on your goal. But first, the downsides. Exercising before eating comes with the risk of “bonking”—the actual sports term for feeling lethargic or light-headed due to low blood sugar.