What should I eat 3 hours before workout?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
What should I eat 4 hours before a workout? Pre-workout examples — foods suitable for 3-4 hours before exercise: A baked potato with baked beans, cottage cheese, tuna or other topping. Rice with vegetables and lean meat; chicken or fish ideally. Pasta and sauce; pasta bake is ideal but with whole-wheat pasta and low fat sauce.
What should I eat 2 hours before a hard workout?
- Protein smoothie made with milk, protein powder, banana and mixed berries.
- Whole-grain cereal and milk.
- A cup of oatmeal topped with banana and sliced almonds.
- Natural almond butter and fruit preserve sandwich on whole-grain bread.
What is the best thing to eat before a workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.