What should I eat before heavy cardio?
- If you are eating 30-60 minutes before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, moderate protein, and low fat snack before exercising.
- If you are eating 2-3 hours before: It is recommended that you eat a high carbohydrate, high protein, low fat meal before exercising.
Should I eat before intense cardio? In general, if you are performing a cardio high-intensity session at the gym you should fuel up beforehand. Otherwise, you might experience those unpleasant early fatigue symptoms throughout your training or extreme tiredness immediately after.
When should you eat before cardio? Timing is just as important as food choice in keeping you energized throughout your workout. You should eat 30-60 minutes prior to your workout to allow the food to digest, and wait about 30-45 minutes to continue the fat-burning wave after.
What should I do before intense cardio?
- Prioritize getting enough good quality sleep.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
- Grab a snack.
- Make sure you’re wearing the right clothes and footwear for the workout you’re doing.
- Work in a dynamic warm-up.
- Stretch it out.
- And use a foam roller.
- Refuel with post-workout nutrition.