How do I prepare for a 5am workout?
- Wake up with intention.
- Keep your alarm at a distance.
- Make your bed.
- Lay out your clothes the night before.
- Plan every minute of your morning.
- Make it a group effort.
- Find a workout that makes you actually want to wake up early.
Is it good to workout at 5am? Getting that 5 am workout in can help set healthy eating standards and adequate hydration for the day. Most likely you aren’t eating a strawberry filled glazed doughnut before or after your morning run or heading to FIT Camp. You want to get a good meal that fuels your body for your day, not drag you down.
What should I eat for early morning workout?
- An energy bar.
- A banana, an apple or other fresh fruit.
- A fruit smoothie.
- A whole-grain bagel or crackers.
- A low-fat granola bar.
- A peanut butter sandwich.
- Sports drink or diluted juice.
Do you need to eat before early morning workout? Eating before your morning workout isn’t necessary when you’re training for an hour, as your body has a store of carbohydrate called glycogen. This sits in your muscles and liver and can provide enough fuel for around 60-90 minutes of exercise.