What is the best snack to eat before a workout?
- 2-3 Hours Before a Workout.
- Whole-Grain Crackers and a Glass of Nonfat Milk. Carbohydrates are your muscles’ favorite energy source.
- Ricotta Cheese on Cinnamon Raisin Toast.
- Instant Oatmeal.
- A Fruit Smoothie.
- A Piece of Fresh Fruit.
What should I eat before my gym workout?
- Protein smoothie made with milk, protein powder, banana and mixed berries.
- Whole-grain cereal and milk.
- A cup of oatmeal topped with banana and sliced almonds.
- Natural almond butter and fruit preserve sandwich on whole-grain bread.
What should I eat 15 minutes before the gym?
- Nonfat Greek yogurt with fruit.
- Whole grain toast and a hard-boiled egg.
- Banana with 1 tbsp peanut butter.
- Yogurt-based smoothies.
- Handful of nuts and raisins (2 parts raisins to 1 part nuts)
What should I eat 10 minutes before a workout? Ideally, fuel up two hours before you exercise by:
If you only have 5-10 minutes before you exercise, eat a piece of fruit such as an apple or banana. “The key is to consume easily digested carbohydrates, so you don’t feel sluggish,” Platt said.