What is the best thing to eat before a workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
What should I eat before an afternoon workout?
- Brown rice with chicken.
- Protein shakes.
- Bananas They contain sugar and starch that give energy to the body.
- Peanut butter sandwich/Bagel with honey.
- Energy/Granola bars.
What should I eat 15 minutes before a workout?
- Sandwich on whole-grain bread, lean protein and a side salad.
- Egg omelet and whole-grain toast topped with avocado spread and a cup of fruit.
- Lean protein, brown rice and roasted vegetables.
What should you not eat before a workout?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.