What should I eat before a light workout?
- 2-3 Hours Before a Workout.
- Whole-Grain Crackers and a Glass of Nonfat Milk. Carbohydrates are your muscles’ favorite energy source.
- Ricotta Cheese on Cinnamon Raisin Toast.
- Instant Oatmeal.
- A Fruit Smoothie.
- A Piece of Fresh Fruit.
What is the best thing to eat before a workout?
- Fruit smoothies.
- Yogurt parfaits with granola and fruit.
- Whole grain bread with a couple of slices of lean meat.
- Chicken with rice and vegetables.
- Apples with peanut butter and raisins.
- Greek yogurt.
What should I eat 1 hour before the gym?
Quick Fuel (30 min to 1 hour before) –
- Low fat fruit smoothie.
- Low fat chocolate milk.
- Fruit juice or sports drink.
- Low fat muffins.
- A piece of fruit.
What should not eat before gym?
- Granola or Protein Bars. 1/12. These might seem like a good idea before you hit the gym, but there’s no clear definition of what they really are.
- High-Fiber Vegetables. 2/12.
- High-Fat Food. 3/12.
- Yogurt. 4/12.
- Smoothies. 5/12.
- Flaxseed. 6/12.
- Fast Food. 7/12.
- Energy Drinks. 8/12.